Monday, July 20, 2015

Mango Pineapple Salsa and The Wrap Side Table

The Farmers Market:  Mango Pineapple Salsa. This is my third week of more mason jar goodness. On Saturday, I crossed the bridge to the Collingswood Farmers Market in New Jersey. All summer I've had a craving for fresh Jersey produce and this market delivered!  It's also been extremely hot here in Philadelphia with the temperatures in the high 90's. So, this week I decided on Mango Pineapple Salsa because I knew it would taste fantastic and refreshing right out of the refrigerator and I could add in some fresh jersey tomatoes as well. I've found myself making little trips to the fridge and eating it right out of the jar.  I think all the flavors blend perfectly together.  The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro but I added a tablespoon "just for color" as my mother used to say. If you love cilantro, go for it. If you don't, just omit it and it will still taste amazing!



Mango Pineapple Salsa
1 large ripe tomato, cut into small cubes
1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into small cubes
1/2 of a ripe pineapple, cut into small cubes
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 large garlic glove, finely minced
juice of one lime
a few tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely minced

In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Mix together well and transfer to a large mason jar. Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. Salsa will be good refrigerated for at least 2 weeks.



The Find: The Wrap Side Table. The find this week comes from two places. I found some nice coordinating wrapping paper at The Salvation Army in Roxborough.

The side table was a yard sale find. It was still in decent condition when I scooped it up but I knew it would be awesome with some makeover magic.


Using a decoupage technique, I decorated the outside panels with one wrap and lined the drawers with the other. On the top I painted a nice harlequin pattern. I used three different shades of taupe. I loved the brass ring drawer pulls so much that I didn't need to switch them out. The result? One happy new side table!




3 comments: